Samstag, 1. September 2012

First ideas for snacks to go / Erste Vesperideen

Since I am going to start my apprenticeship on monday, I thought about what to take with me for lunch. My working day will start between 7am and 10am and will end between 4pm and 7pm (there will be alternate shift), so I have to eat either somewhere at a restaurant or snack stall (that's quite nice every now and then, but not for everyday) or bring my own lunch with me. Not to forget some kind of snack for inbetween like fruit or granola bars.

I watch some videos of MissChievous on Youtube, she has some cool make up on there and fitness and nutrition ideas, too. She led me to the idea of making wraps, because they are very nice to take with you (you can put them in a (tupperware-)box or just wrap them with tin foil (what is very easy but I would like to avoid that because it produces lots of rubbish).
So I bought some ready-to-serve wraps (they were disgusting - I am going to make my own ones next time - but yesterday I had no time for baking some) and a lot of vegetables and gave it a try! I used some vegan spread to coat the wraps with, then I added a whole bunch of chopped up vegetables (red cabbage, green salad, tomatoes, cucumbers) and rolled everything up. it was quite good but the ready-to-serve wraps weren't very delish...  I am going to make some for taking with me to work, it is made very fast and easy to eat. There are many variations for the filling and spread, you could use hummus or guacamole or (vegan) mayonnaise or ajvar, for the filling raw or stir-fried and seasoned vegetables as zucchini, corn, spinach, carrots, olives, onions, bell pepper, and add some nuts, seeds or seedlings or jalapeños.

As a second idea I thought of couscous salad - cook the couscous as described on the box and after that, let it cool. Then add some chopped up vegetables, I prefer cucumber, bell pepper, onion, garlic and tomato in this salat. Make a salad dressing out of balsamic vinegar (the dark one), mustard (optional), basil, parsley, pepper, salt and olive oil and put everything together. Now it is very fluid. Put it in the fridge for a few hours (over the night) and after that the couscous will have absorbed the dressing.
Instead of couscous you could use quinoa, amaranth, rice, chickpea, glass noodles or what else you like.

Sadly I did not made any pictures of these dishes but I will post some when I made them again.

I have a resolution: I want to make me / eat something healthy for lunch everyday (or prepare it in the evening and take it with me the other day). I want to prepare and drink a smoothie every morning or at least a glass of juice. I want to live vegan when I'm on my own (at the moment I am slowly introducing my grandparents into vegan living - so when I eat at their place I accept dairy and egg in small amounts).

That's it for now :)


Isidar Mithrim

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen